Wednesday 21 April 2010

The JERK i am

Today i stayed in during recess because i had to take a retest for my science test. Not because i failed badly but because Mrs Soon wanted all students who had not gotten full marks to take a retest. And I had forgotten to bring my paper. So i ended up being scolded by her.
She asked me if anything was bothering me and i said that mum was going to shanghai tomorrow night and i suddenly felt like i was gonna miss her. I don't know how to explain though but i feel like I'm gonna miss her when she goes. So she said the more i miss her the more i should work hard and when PSLE is over i can proudly show her my results and prove myself that i could do it and i did it because i love mum. I said OK.
I thought about what she said when i ran down the stairs. I really felt like a jerk. i had been making all my past teachers angry by not handing in my work on time. And what makes things worse is that the teachers didn't give up on me but focused on me more. And i didn't even give a damn. Even Clarence handed in his work on time.
When mum came home i told her i was gonna wake up. Not get out of bed you brainless ninny. But start studying and revising my work diligently, not for the sake of reading but because i wanted to. I did my late homework and tomorrow I'm gonna hand in my work.
Today during social studies Ms Fadillah said my hair looked like a fork. Just because my hair sticks together in parts when wet. And today Darryl Lim came back to class from his suspension for cutting a girl with a rusty nail. That girl wasn't really injured or infected and she still comes to school.
I don't think i mentioned it, but we got 5th for the floor ball tournament. While we were out of the hockey tournament in the first quarter. I think Ms Lim was disappointed, and maybe Mrs Chua too. Because this is the first time Casuarina was kicked out of the tournament in the first quarter. When i the umpire blew the full time whistle i knew my hope of getting at least top 4 in the tournament was over. Everyone was disappointed. Especially me. I took one ball from my team mate and started whacking it against the wall. While the others went to have a friendly match with the other team. All i can say is that i don't really have that much sportsmanship. But eventually i went to play with them. Then we went to the Mcdonalds next door and i fortunately had enough money to buy a large coke. And then we boarded the bus.

Until here.........for now.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment